Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Meet Lars Ulrich

Man i think I'm still recovering from a trip I took about 2 weeks ago out to California. It was crazy times man.

First of all, we shot most of Claustin Powers 3. But we got a lot of editing to do, so I'll give you more updates later on it. We also filmed a mystery guitarist who played with one of the biggest bands of all time.

Yes, we're doing a DVD with him... More on that later also. But maybe the best part was hanging out with Jimmy Dillon when we were out there. Btw, when I say "we", I'm talking about myself and Virtuwul. He's always been in the Claustin films.

So, Jimmy invites us out to this gig he was playing. He tells me on the phone: "It's
called Bimbos, its at 365 Colombus". At least that's what I heard. The place is actually called Bimbos 365. So we ended up walking about an extra mile to get there after parking.



It was worth it... It was actually a private birthday party for a famous actor by the
name of Peter Coyote. I'm pretty impressed by the kinds of gigs that Jimmy gets to play. Bonnie Raitt and Taj Mahal were in attendance. We got a backstage pass. Apparently we just missed Robin Williams as he was finishing up a bit of standup.

Here's the coolest part of the story:

After the set, Virtuwul goes to the bathroom and on the way ends up meeting Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich. Yes, he did get a cellphone photo which I'll put on my blog shortly.



I just think the whole thing was cool, and the next day Jimmy invited us to another gig he was playing at this killer renaissance fair. It was hardcore proof in my mind
that Jimmy Dillon really is the go to guitarist on the west coast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

When you gotta go, you gotta go! Throw it all away HERE! Lmao!